Greer Grammer, daughter of actor Kelsey Grammer, has been named Miss Golden Globe 2015. "I screamed and I jumped up and down," the 22-year-old told People of the moment she learned she'd been chosen for the honour.
"I was just so happy when the Hollywood Foreign Press Association reached out to me this year. It was such a dream come true."
Greer Grammer has been named Miss Golden Globe 2015
The annual title is traditionally given to the daughter of a celebrity, with a responsibility to assist in handing out awards on the big night.
Previous Miss Golden Globe selections include Rumer Willis, Dakota Johnson, and both Kathryn and Francesca Eastwood. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgewick's daughter Sosie Bacon did the honours last year.
HELLO! Online takes a look at this year's lucky lady…
Greer Grammer with her father Kelsey Grammer
- Greer's full name is Kandace Greer Grammer. She is the only child of Kelsey Grammer and his former partner Barrie Buckner.
- She was named after the actress Greer Garson. Back in 2009 she tweeted, "Watching a movie w/ Greer Garson in it. She's the actress I was named after. She's absolutely radiant. I can only hope to live up to the name."
- She is the second of Kelsey's six children from four different relationships.
- Since 2011, Greer has played Lissa on MTV's Awkward, and appeared on the big screen, as Mia in Life Partners in 2014.
- Both her parents were thrilled by her good news. "I called them separately and my mum was over the moon and I had to tell her not to tell anybody, because I know that she would have called everyone right off the bat, and the same with my dad," she told People. "They're so proud. They're so excited to see me on stage."