Dermot O'Leary has addressed the rumours that he wants to leave The X Factor after eight years. The 41-year-old had previously revealed that he hadn't yet mind his mind up about returning for a ninth season, but on Tuesday revealed that he would "love to do it."
"We normally sit down in February and start talking about it", he told Nick Grimshaw on his BBC Radio1 Breakfast Show.
Dermot O'Leary at the 2014 The X Factor press launch
He added: "If they turn around to me next month and say, 'We want a fresh face', then I'd say that I've had eight great years and I'll go and do something else."Speaking to the Radio Times,Dermot had previously said: "I haven't made up my mind yet. "I love doing [The X Factor] and it's a huge part of my life. But it's eight years now. If a new challenge came up that meant I couldn't do both, then..."
Dermot O'Leary with Simon Cowell and The XFactor judges in 2007
The popular TV presenter has become a hit with audiences since he began presenting the show in 2007. He also opened up on working for Simon Cowell, revealing: "He always lets me get on with my job, which is the biggest compliment he can give me. "This idea that he sits across everything and says, 'I want this to happen, and this to happen' is nonsense."
Dermot continued: "He trusts people. He doesn't like 'yes men' so if you're in a meeting with him and you disagree with everything he says, you need to bring something else or you won't get invited to that meeting again. He's a good boss, he's a fair boss."