VH1 have announced they will no longer be working on a remake of The Osbournes. The reality TV show, which followed the lives of Ozzy Osbourne and his family, was due to be revived ten years after it last aired.
"We are no longer talking to the Osbournes about a series; that's not going to happen," Susan Levison, Executive Vice President, Original Programming and Production at VH1 said. "We wish we could have worked it out, but it just didn't come together for us. The family has been absolutely lovely and we wish them the best.
"We'd love to figure out a way to work with them at some point in the future."
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
The Osbournes remake has reportedly been cancelled
However one family member who appeared surprised by the announcement was Kelly Osbourne, who tweeted to say that the family had never signed up to do a show with VH1.
"As much as u love #VH1 the last time I checked I never signed up to doing a show w/them! #Weird," she wrote.
Speaking to HELLO! Online in January, Sharon revealed that the family were planning to film between six and eight new episodes of the show, which was once MTV's most-viewed series.
"It's going to be more documentary style and it's more about how we've all evolved since the last series," she said. "It's been 13 years so [it's more a look at how] in 13 years how the family has evolved and grown.
The show began on MTV in 2002
"It's a documentary catch up and we're hoping in another five years, God willing, we'll do another few episodes again to catch up on where we are then."
The series was set to feature the latest additions to the Osbourne family; Jack's wife Lisa and their three-year-old daughter Pearl. The couple are expecting their second child within the next few months, however Lisa revealed that she had been hospitalised following a car accident on Monday.
The actress has since returned home and shared a sweet snap of herself with Jack and daughter Pearl, writing: "Finally back at home with my crew! Baby & I are good :)".