Sarah-Jane Crawford has revealed that she’ll be leaving her role as host of The Xtra Factor, one year after joining the show. The presenter of The X Factor's ITV2 spin-off show shared the news on Twitter on Monday.
"Xtra factor has been amazing. However I have a new project coming up this summer & with all the changes happening I won't be back," she tweeted to fans.
Sarah-Jane Crawford is leaving her role as host of The Xtra Factor
"But I'm so excited to see the new line up and wanna wish them all the luck in the world... Can't wait to watch them in action!"
The 33-year-old is also known for her presenting work on BBC Radio 1Xtra, and for hosting coverage of T in the Park and the Mobo Awards before joining The Xtra Factor.
A source told The Mirror: "Sarah had two different meetings with X Factor bosses and lots of discussions this week. Everyone decided that this was the best outcome.
The presenter has more projects coming up in the summer
"Sarah is really looking forward to the projects she is going to be starting this summer."
More major changes appear to be in the pipeline for The X Factor before it returns to ITV this autumn, including a mix-up of judges as it appears that veteran judge Louis Walsh is set to leave the talent competition for good.
Despite being dubbed the show's "great survivor", Louis – who has been on the singing competition since it started in 2004 – seems ready to take on a new project.
Louis Walsh also looks set to leave the ITV talent show
Sources have exclusively told HELLO! magazine that if Louis does leave he is likely to help launch Ireland's Got Talent, a spin-off of popular show Britian's Got Talent, and play a starring role in the new series as chief judge.
While Louis is yet to make any comments, the 62-year-old has previously made no secret of his desire to leave The X Factor.
"I think I'm done with it," said Louis, speaking on Irish programme The Seven O'Clock Show last month. The Irishman now spends an increasing amount of time in his native land.