Great British Bake Off presenters Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc have announced that they will step down from their roles when the show leaves the BBC. The pair released a statement, saying they were "shocked and saddened" to learn that Bake Off had been acquired by Channel 4.
Mel, 48, and Sue, 46, had made no secret of their desire for the show to remain with the BBC.
"We were very shocked and saddened to learn yesterday evening that Bake Off will be moving from its home," they said.
"As far as Mary, Mel, Sue and myself, we want to stay at the BBC," Paul Hollywood has said
"The BBC nurtured the show from its infancy and helped give it its distinctive warmth and charm, growing it from an audience of two million to nearly 15 at its peak," they added.
"We've had the most amazing time on Bake Off, and have loved seeing it rise and rise like a pair of yeasted Latvian baps. We're not going with the dough. We wish all the future bakers every success."
The pair have fronted the show since it first aired on BBC2 in 2010, alongside judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.
The popular show is moving to Channel 4
It is unclear whether Mary and Paul will stay on, although Mary has broken her silence on the broadcasting move. "I have no idea, anything that happens is nothing to do with my choice," she told the Express.
Earlier this year during an appearance on Top Gear, Paul also told Chris Evans: "I've said, I think the girls have said as well, we want to stay with the BBC. As far as Mary, Mel, Sue and myself, we want to stay at the BBC."
On Monday, it was revealed that Love Productions, who produce the cooking contest, have signed a new three-year agreement with Channel 4 after failing to reach an agreement with the BBC.