Gary Barlow is ready to try his hand at acting! The Take That star has just revealed he has landed a role in the new Star Wars film. Gary, 46, confirmed the exciting news in an interview with Lorraine's Ross King on Monday, saying: "I'm not a Stormtrooper, but I am in it." He then added: "Now that I've said that, I'll probably be out. I think the Star Wars people are so strict about what information [is out there]. So me saying that, I've probably just done myself out of a role."
Gary Barlow has confirmed he has a role in the new Star Wars film
Star Wars Episode VIII – titled The Last Jedi – is scheduled for release in December 2017. It was recently confirmed that the storyline would not be altered following Carrie Fisher's death in December. Bob Iger, the film studio's chief executive, confirmed that Carrie appears "throughout" the movie, and said her character, Princess Leia, would not be digitalised, since the actress filmed all her scenes for the upcoming movie last year.
Take That will not be going on a 25th anniversary tour next year
Gary, meanwhile, has been busy promoting Take That's brand new album, Wonderland, with bandmates Mark Owen and Howard Donald, and the trio are also preparing for a six-night show at the O2 in June. But Gary recently had some bad news for fans when he confirmed there will be no Take That 25th anniversary tour next year. "We've had two record labels in our time and I know they're talking about doing some kind of commemorative big box set of all the music around Christmas," he told the Sun. "But we can tell you there are no plans for touring next year."