What's hot and what's not in 2017? Health and Beauty Editor Nadine Baggott gives us all the trends from magnet masks to jelly nails. Read the full report in HELLO! out now.
Out with the old in with the new; the New Year is a great excuse to follow some new beauty rules and to say goodbye to some very 2016 trends. Up first bold brows. "I'm convinced we are going to look back on the trend for bold brows and wonder what the hell we were doing," says Pixiwoos founder Sam Chapman. New ways with brows include brushed up, feathery and softly defined far more flattering shapes. To get this look all you need is a soft set tinted brow gel with a super stiff spoolie (the name for the spiral brush used to tame brows). Try:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel, £16.50, from cultbeauty.com, in a brilliant seven shades, including one for redheads.
- Maybelline Brow Drama, £4.99, in four shades ha a really clever little bulb ended spoolie for extra control
- Diego Dalla Palma Volumizing Eyebrow Fixer, £13, in three shades from M&S Beauty
Are you ready for this jelly?
2016 saw sponges take over beauty, well 2017 is going to be the year of the jelly. There will be jelly skincare, jelly masks and even jelly makeup. Great for combination skin, hair and even nails they are rich in hyaluronic acid and glycerine to hydrate without oil. Look out for jelly foundations coming later this summer. Try:
- Bio-Essence Miracle Bio Water Jelly Makeup Remover, £16, from cultbeauty.co.uk
- Umberto Gianni Curl Jelly, £7, from Boots, for the return of scrunch drying with a diffuser to encourage curls and movement.
- WAH London Jelly Finish Nail Polish in Wifey 4 Lifey, £9; visit wah-london.com, gives a semi transparent finish for a 2017 take on French polish.
Centre partings be gone, it’s all about the sleek side parting as seen on the runways at Prada, Givenchy and Balmain for Spring Summer. What do you need to get this look? A tail comb and not a hair out of place, so be sure to invest in sleek finish hair cream that can be applied to wet hair and then again to dry hair to hold down flyaways. Try:
- Ouai Finishing Cream, £20, visit spacenk.co.uk, is the perfect light as air finish for this look.
- GHD Tail Comb, £7.50, visit ghdhair.com
New texture masks are all set to be huge this year. First came Origins Ritualtea Matcha Mask £27, visit origins.co.uk, a powder that you mix with water to create a paste that best suits your skin from a slurry to a thick gunk and now we have Dr Lancer Younger Revealing Mask Intense, £210, for four pots, from harrods.com, a magnetic paste mask that you apply thickly, leave to absorb sebum and impurities and then remove with a magnet – seeing is believing!