She’s had a hard time recently, having split from husband Russell Brand. But Katy Perry showed she is moving on as she stepped out in Las Vegas last week looking as lovely as ever, her flawless California Gurl skin still glowing strong. Celebrity make-up artist to the stars Alice Theobald shows us how to recreate the princess of pop's lovely look.
- Start by using Crème de la Mer moisturiser to even out any dry patches that occur as a result of central heating and exposure to cold air.
- Use a foundation brush to apply your foundation - I recommend Future Skin Foundation by Chantecaille. Blend outwards for a flawless finish.
- Then use a puff to gently roll bronzing powder over the face and set the foundation. Estee Lauder’s Double Wear pressed powder is my go-to product for this.
- For a defined brow à la Katy, use an eyebrow pencil and opt for light feathery strokes to create a natural effect.
- Apply eyeliner to the roots of the eyelashes and use a smudge brush – Laura Mercier’s is ideal - to blend outwards creating a depth towards the lashes. I use Hypnose Drama mascara by Lancome as its technology helps grow your lashes as well as define them dramatically.
- For correct application of blusher, smile and add to the apples of your cheeks, blending into nothing.
- To finish off, line the lips lightly and fill in with lipstick. My top tip: if you’re trying to minimize the appearance of large pores, apply Pore Professional by Benefit. It reduces the appearance of pores and when you put foundation on it they will be virtually invisible.
To contact our celeb makeup artist Alice about bridal and events hair and makeup or personal makeup lessons visit https://www.wonderlandhairandmake-up.co.uk Follow Alice on Twitter: @Alice_Theobald