Announcing that Monaco can expect another lavish wedding next year, Princess Caroline has confirmed that her eldest son will wed his long-term girlfriend. "I am happy to announce the engagement of my son, Andrea Casiraghi to Miss Tatiana Santo Domingo," she said in a statement released by her press office.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR GALLERY
No further details were released for what is set to be 2013's royal wedding of the year. However, the precedent set by Prince Albert's fairytale nuptials to Charlene Wittstock perhaps give a clue of what to expect when his 28-year-old nephew says 'I do'. Then the eyes of the world were trained on the principality as fireworks, concerts, and not one but two wedding ceremonies took place, gilded by the presence of European royals.Given the impressive pedigree shared by the Monegasque golden boy and his society beauty, glamour and high-profile guests will certainly feature again.
Until such time as his uncle has an heir Andrea is also second in line to the throne, so there will be considerable fanfare.Meanwhile, the bride hails from one of Colombia's wealthiest families, whose staggering $6bn fortune was amassed by her grandfather, the late magnate Julio Mario Santo Domingo. Unfortunately, Tatiana's father passed away in 2009 of cancer, so she may be given away by her younger brother Julio Mario Santo Domingo III.Given that the 28-year-old founded ethical fashion line The Muzungu Sisters, many of her fashionista friends – such as heiress Margherita Missoni – are like to rub shoulders with Moncao's first family at the nuptials. Celebrities such as Sir Roger Moore, who was among guests at Albert's magnificent open air ceremony, and Dame Shirley Bassey, live in the sun-kissed principality and may also be at the celebration.
Possible guest list
- Prince Albert and Princess Charlene
- Princess Caroline – Groom's mother
- Princess Stephanie and her children, Louis, Pauline and Camille
- Charlotte Casiraghi
- Pierre Casiraghi
- Princess Alexandra of Hanover
- Vera Rechulski – Bride's mother
- Julio Mario Santo Domingo – Bride's brother
- Dana Alikhani – Tatiana's business partner
- Margherita Missoni – heiress of Missoni fashion family and friend of the bride
- Eugenie Niarchos – granddaughter of shipping tycoon Stavros Niarchos, friend of the bride
- Karl Lagerfeld – friend and designer to Princess Caroline
- Mario Testino – photographer, often at fashion shows
- Sir Roger Moore
- Dame Shirley Bassey