Princess Beatrice celebrates her 25th birthday today with a star-studded birthday bash.
The royal will be joined by her parents Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York, her sister, Princess Eugenie, along with a host of famous faces including her boyfriend Dave Clark, Prince Harry, Pippa Middleton, Sam Branson and his father Sir Richard Branson.
To honour Beatrice’s 25th birthday, HELLO! Online has compiled a list of ten facts about the Princess.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
1. The Princess was born on the 8 August 1988 at 8.18pm at the Portland Hospital in London. Beatrice has revealed that people often don’t believe her when she tells them her date of birth is 8/8/88.
2. Beatrice studied at St George’s School in Ascot and was "ecstatic" when she passed 3 A-levels with a grade A in Drama, and Bs in History and Film Studies. The Princess then studied History at Goldsmiths University in London and graduated with a 2:1 B.A Honours degree in 2011.
3. After being diagnosed with dyslexia as a young child, Beatrice recently revealed that the Harry Potter books helped her overcome her reading difficulties. "Sitting in front of a book was really hard –until I discovered Harry Potter,” she said. “From then on, I couldn’t put the books down.”
4. Beatrice has several nicknames with the most common being "Bea" which her mother and father often refer to her as.
5. As a young child, Beatrice’s favourite colour was pink and she was a huge fan of the popular Disney film The Little Mermaid.
6. Beatrice is a keen runner and in 2010 became the first member of the British royal family to complete the London Marathon. The Princess was congratulated at the finish line by her parents Prince Andrew and the Duchess of York.
7. The Princess has also tried her hand at acting and made a brief appearance in 2009 film The Young Victoria, which was based on her ancestor Queen Victoria. The small role meant that Beatrice was the first member of the British royal family to appear in a non-documentary film.
8. Beatrice’s full title is Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary of York, and she is now sixth in line to the throne, after the birth of Prince George moved her down a place. She is the first female in the current line of succession.
9. Beatrice gained worldwide attention at the wedding of cousin Prince William’s wedding to Kate Middleton for her choice of headwear. The hat designed by Philip Treacy was an internet sensation becoming a top trend on Twitter within minutes of the Princess arriving at Westminster Abbey. A month later, Beatrice offered the hat on eBay with proceeds going to charity. The winning bid was £81,000 with the money being divided between UNICEF and Children in Crisis.
10. In recent years, Beatrice has increased her royal duties and is currently patron of several organisations including The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre, York Musical Society and the York Theatre Royal.