Princess Charlene has been dedicating her time to looking after her newborn twins Gabriella and Jacques since their arrival in December 2014, but the new mum joined forces with her husband Prince Albert for an Easter procession on Friday. Watching from the balcony of the Prince's Palace in Monaco, the royal couple watched those who had dressed-up to take part in the annual age-old event.
Charlene, 37, protected herself from the evening chill in a sweeping black coat with shiny grey lapels and cuffs and sported an elegant black dress underneath.
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR FULL GALLERY
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene have undertaken fewer engagements together since they welcomed their twins in December
Monaco's sovereign Prince Albert opted for a smart grey suit and a black and navy tie.
Charlene has made few public appearances since she became a mother at the end of last year and did not accompany Albert and the rest of the Monaco royal family to the Rose Ball on 28 March as little princess Gabriella was reportedly suffering from a cold.
The South-African raised former Olympian has also been adapting to new surroundings as she and her family have moved out of the Prince's Palace while renovation work takes place.
Albert and Charlene recently relocated to a villa on the outskirts of Monaco while renovation work takes place
Keen for their youngsters to spend their first spring in natural surroundings, Charlene and Albert chose to temporarily relocate to a villa with a picturesque garden on the outskirts of Monaco.
According to Paris Match magazine, it "wasn't easy" for Charlene and her children to find some fresh air amid the construction work at the Palace.
As renovations are also said to be taking place at the couple's countryside residence Roc Angel, where Charlene stayed during the months after she gave birth, the royals decided to look for accommodation elsewhere.
The couple watched the procession from the Palace balcony
The source also said that Jacques and Gabriella have coped well with the move, saying: "The babies are fine, healthy and almost sleeping through the whole night."
It is hoped that the changes will be completed in time for the four-month-old youngsters' baptism on 10 May as well as the celebrations honouring Albert's ten-year anniversary as Monaco's monarch. Albert ascended the Principality's throne on 6 April 2005, at the age of 47.