Renowned mixologist Javier de las Muelas of Barcelona’s legendary Dry Martini bar reveals his best cocktails to enjoy on February 14.
SOMEONE LIKE YOU
15ml strawberry syrup
10ml egg white
20ml grapefruit juice
50ml Bombay Sapphire gin
2 drops orange blossom honey
1 dash Peychaud’s Bitters
To garnish: 1 small rose
1. Crush the raspberries thoroughly in a cocktail shaker, then add the rest of the ingredients and shake with ice.
2. Strain into a coupe glass through a fine sieve, add an ice cube and place a raspberry on top.
3. For the final touch, attach a small rose to the stem of the glass.
Raise a glass with this creamy cocktail recipe created by London’s The Clipper Bar.
35ml Elit vodka
10ml fresh lemon juice
5ml coconut syrup
1. Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake thoroughly.
2. Twist the rim of a chilled martini glass in coconut and raspberry powder.
3. Pour the cocktail and add marshmallows for decoration.
The Clipper Bar at The InterContinental London – The O2
BERRY MUCH IN LOVE
If you’re not in the British capital to stop by Catch Champagne Bar & Lounge, serve up their love potion at home.
30ml Stolichnaya vanilla vodka
50ml raspberry puree
10ml crème de cacao
10ml raspberry liquor
To garnish: cocoa powder, 2 raspberries and 1 shard of chocolate
1. Shake ingredients with ice for 30 seconds, then strain and serve in a martini glass with cocoa powder on the rim.
2. Garnish with a raspberry and dark chocolate shard.
3.Serve with a shot of Prosecco – topped with a raspberry – on the side.
Catch Champagne Bar & Lounge at Andaz London Liverpool Street Hotel
L'AMOUR Toast your beloved in style with this fruity blend that will be served at this year’s Oscars.
30ml Grey Goose Le Citron
50ml peach nectar
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1 ginger slice
1 dash of grapefruit bitters
To garnish: 1 rose petal
Shake all ingredients and strain into a chilled martini cocktail glass. Garnish with a rose petal.
*PHOTO: Scott Grummett for Grey Goose