Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Gisele Bündchen shares her healthy eating tips for the whole family

Share this:

As a mother-of-two, Gisele Bündchen has come up with some handy tricks to make sure her children eat healthily! Now the 36-year-old has revealed the secrets behind her family's healthy approach to food.

The Brazilian supermodel explained to PEOPLE magazine that she tries to make breakfast for Vivian, 3, and Benjamin, 6, every day, switching up her recipes so that they eat a wide range of food groups. This includes everything from scrambled eggs and gluten-free toast with avocado, to coconut yogurt or gluten-free pancakes.


gisele bundchen© Photo: Instagram

Gisele has revealed her family's healthy eating habits

When it comes to ensuring her little ones get their five a day, Gisele has an easy solution, confessing that she tries to convince them that what they are eating is actually a sweet treat; passing off acai with berries and banana as ice cream, for example.

The star also revealed that she and husband Tom Brady try to make sure that their whole family eats as organically as possible, preferring to grow their own vegetables at home rather than hitting the supermarket.

gisele bundchen instagram© Photo: Instagram

The supermodel revealed they grow vegetables in their garden 

"We use the food from our garden daily," she explained. "Winter in New England is very cold, so we can't grow the same amount of food year around.

"During the growing season, we love our salads made from the spinach, kale, arugula, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchinis, squash and other delicious things from our garden."

gisele bundchen tom brady© Photo: Getty Images

Gisele and Tom's personal chef Allen revealed they follow a plant-based diet

It's not the first time that the couple's healthy eating habits have been revealed. Their personal chef Allen Campbell opened up earlier this year about what he cooks for the pair and their children when he works for them, explaining that they tend to favour a plant-based diet.

"So, 80 per cent of what they eat is vegetables," he told "If it's not organic, I don't use it. And wholegrains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 per cent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon."

More Food

See more