Nourishing and hearty Buddha bowls have soared in popularity in the past couple of years, thanks to stars such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Ella Mills aka Deliciously Ella extolling their virtues. Try the delicious food trend for yourself with this recipe from itsu, who have launched a brand new frozen gyoza range that works perfectly in this pan-Asian inspired dish.
- itsu Sesame Tuna Gyoza dinner dumplings
- 125g of cooked brown rice
- Half an avocado
- A quarter cucumber (cut into thin rounds)
- 2 thinly sliced radishes
- A small carrot (cut into matchsticks sized pieces)
- The zest and juice of half a lime
- A handful of coriander leaves
- A tbsp of pickling liquid from pickled ginger (often found in sushi)
- A tbsp of toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
MORE: Get more healthy eating inspiration here
- Mix a tbsp of the ginger pickling liquid with lime zest and add a pinch of sea salt. Coat the thinly-sliced cucumber and radish with the pickle and lime zest and leave for 5 minutes to preserve.
- Pan-cook the gyoza as per the packet instructions and arrange the rice and remaining ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Drain the pickled vegetables and put the juices to the side.
- Add the vegetables into the bowl and spoon over the pickle juices and top with the crispy itsu Sesame Tuna Gyoza dinner dumplings to finish.
The gyoza come in three flavours: Vegetable Fusion, King Prawn and Sesame Tuna - now available in Waitrose and Tesco supermarkets for £3.50 per pack (2-3 servings).
See all of our delicious recipes here.