Ruth Langsford has revealed her top tips for preparing a fuss-free family dinner, with easy to prepare meals that everyone will enjoy. The Loose Women presenter, who is currently standing in for Holly Willoughby on This Morning, has partnered with Young's Seafood to show how to take the stress out of preparing family meals, and shared her top tips to ensure dinnertimes go smoothly.
The TV presenter, who is a mum to 15-year-old son Jack, said: "I'm a busy working mum and know the pressure there is to put something tasty on the table that everyone will enjoy." Read on for her top tips…
Watch Ruth share her tips for the perfect homemade fish and chips
Ruth Langsford has shared her top tips for family mealtimes
1. Get the whole family together as much as possible: With different working hours, homework deadlines and social plans it can be very tricky to spend quality time together as a family. Try and schedule a dine-in night at least twice a week where you can eat dinner together and talk about your days.
STORY: Ruth Langsford and Eamonn Holmes as you've never seen them before
2. No phones at the dinner table: Family mealtimes should mean quality time together. With a no phones rule, everyone gets to spend time together chatting and enjoying a delicious dinner.
3. Use your freezer: It can be difficult to find healthy options that everyone will enjoy during a busy week but having delicious meals in the freezer means there will always be something quick and tasty ready to be served.
Ruth recommends families eat more fish
4. Eat fish more often: Fish is naturally low in fat, yet high in protein, vitamins and minerals including omega 3. Young's take all the hard work out of preparing delicious fish meals so you can enjoy it more often in the week.
RELATED: See the latest recipes here
5. Try something new: Keep mealtimes exciting by adding a new dish to your repertoire every so often. The Young's website has loads of recipe inspiration so take a look and let the compliments start rolling in!
Ruth shares her tips for the perfect fishfingers
Keep up to date with the latest food news and features here.