There was a media frenzy when it was revealed that Full House, the series that shot Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to global stardom, was set to return, leaving fans wondering whether the famous twins would reprise their role in the television programme.
Now, the pair have broken their silence about the speculation. "We just found out about it today," Maru-Kate told WWD.
CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO SEE THE OLSEN TWINS' STYLE EVOLUTION
"I guess we're going to talk to the creators and see what's happening." So far, so good.
But the news of the sequel actually came as a surprise to the twins. "I ran into Bob [Saget, their TV dad] the other day and we didn't even talk about it," Ashley said. Mary-Kate added: "I'm shocked I haven't heard from John [Stamos]."
They concluded by saying that they would speak to Bob and go from there. "I'm going to call [Saget] and get his perspective," said Ashley. Fingers crossed - we'll keep you updated!
Netflix confirmed that it is reviving the sitcom on Monday with a 13-episode pick-up entited Fuller House that will air in 2016.
The sequels will star original castmembers Candace Cameron-Bure (D.J.), her onscreen younger sister Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Andrea Barbrer, who played her best friend Kimmy Gibbler. John Stamos will reprise his role as Uncle Jesse in a guest role.