Recreate the show-stopping ponytail style celebrities love
Both Kendall Jenner and Blake Lively have rocked the look on the red carpet
The timeless ponytail is a failsafe style that will see you through every season and occasion - and one that we see revived and refreshed on the catwalks at every fashion week. Even better, this classic look isn't just for lazy days - or when no amount of dry shampoo will help - but can also be transformed into an evening style or a chic everyday go-to.
A modern way to rock the look is by using the 'bubble pony' technique - a style that's gained in cool-factor since the likes of Kendall Jenner, Blake Lively and Molly Sims showcased it in all its contemporary glory during various red carpet appearances. What's more, this is the perfect style for finer-haired ladies - by separating the hair into sections, you build volume and give the illusion of a much thicker ponytail. For added length, try adding extensions for a really fashion-forward look.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle wears hair in relaxed bun for Brixton outing
Both Kendall Jenner and Molly Sims have worn the look at red carpet events
GET THE LOOK
Easy to create but with plenty of impact, this is the ideal updo to take you from this season into the next - team it with a bold lip and a fresh, natural complexion for a modern girl-boss finish (power suit optional). Here's how to get the look yourself…
1. Build texture by working some salt spray into the hair.
2. Section the hair in half, and secure the top half into a ponytail with a fine plastic hair tie.
3. At the front, pull down some strands to soften the hairline, and lift the top section with your fingers to give some volume.
4. Pick up another section of hair below and create a second ponytail, incorporating the one above.
5. Repeat this all the way down the hair until all is incorporated, pulling out each section to create the 'bubble' shape.
6. Spritz with hairspray to secure the style.