Victoria Beckham showcased her AW17 collection at New York Fashion Week on Sunday, with understated beauty looks to complement the chic tailored clothing. The models wore their hair down in a natural air-dried style created by Redken Global Creative Director Guido, who has revealed how to recreate the look at home.
GALLERY: Front row photos from New York Fashion Week
"A lot of designers like to talk about personality. At some shows, you can find an edgy, East Village cool-girl, but here at Beckham we wanted to highlight an understated beauty." Guido said. "I've seen a resurgence of a new idea of luxury in hair – very clean hair that's left to dry naturally. I love using Diamond Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to obtain this level of shine. The simplicity of washing your hair and letting it dry gives an almost child-like shine quality to the hair, which feels new again."
Recreate the models' hairstyles from Victoria Beckham's New York Fashion Week show at home
He added: "I don't believe anything truly comes into or goes out of fashion, but these days it seems like a blow dry can now seem forced compared to an air dry look. Women can be afraid of letting their natural texture out, but there's so much you can do, like only blow drying the top part to flatten, and allowing the rest of the length to dry naturally."
Feeling inspired? Rainbow knitwear inspired by Victoria Beckham
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep hair by washing with Diamond Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse and add shine.
2. Allow hair to air dry to enhance its own natural texture.
3. Part hair slightly off-center.
4. Use fingers to clean the hairline and brush down any baby hairs.
5. Use a boar-bristled brush to brush through the lengths of hair to loosen texture.
6. Finish by tucking hair behind ears for an elegant look.