The latest eye-cream formulations blur the line between skincare and cosmetics to give an instant eye lift. New-generation soft-focus filters brighten while high-tech ingredients tighten.
Until recently, Dr Frances Prenna Jones, a leading UK cosmetic doctor, was not convinced of the benefits of eye creams, despite her A list clients asking her to formulate them. "I resisted because I believe that you just need a serum," she says. "Then I realised that if I could add cosmetic ingredients that minimize the appearance of dark circles and fine lines, then an eye cream can do more than just a serum."
The result? An eye cream for daytime with anti-ageing and cosmetic features. It is one of a new generation of hybrid eye creams; here are HELLO!'s favourites.
Scroll below for the full list
1. Bliss Fabulous Everyday Eye Cream, £25, from Debenhams and M&S Beauty. Incorporates eye-brightening, line-blurring powders to soft-focus the eye area.
2. SkinCeuticals A.G.E Eye Complex, £78; visit skinceuticals.co.uk. A rich eye balm that hydrates yet dries to a flattering velvet matte finish.
3. Clinique Pep-start Eye Cream, £22; visit Clinique.co.uk. With its cooling metal-tipped applicator, this instantly tightens and de-puffs morning eye bags.
4. Estée Lauder New Dimension Firm + Fill Eye System, £55; visit esteelauder.co.uk. A two-step, stackable-pot system of hydrating cream and line-filling gel.
5. No7 Youthful Eye Serum, £19.50, from Boots. Features a winning combination of vitamin C to lighten dark circles, hyaluronic acid to plump fine lines and instant-effect soft-focus spheres.
6. Wunderlift 60 Second Wrinkle Filler, £19.95, from Boots. Super-effective at tightening the under-eye area as it dries. However, it takes a few attempts to master the application for a natural look and you cannot apply oil-based make-up over the top or it undoes your good work.
7. Murad Instant Radiance Eye Cream, £45; visit murad.co.uk. Teams a velvety texture with the ability to fill in fine lines.
8. Dr Frances Prenna Jones Eye Work Day, £80; visit drfrancesprennajones.com