Prince Daniel of Sweden celebrates his 41st birthday on 15 September.
The Swedish royal, who is married to Crown Princess Victoria, is expected to mark his birthday surrounded by family and close friends.
To honour Daniel's big day, HELLO! Online has gathered ten facts you may not have known about the prince.
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
On the day Prince Daniel was born, his future father-in-law, Carl Gustaf, ascended the throne
1. Daniel was born on 15 September 1973 at Orebro University Hospital to parents Ewa Kristina and Olle Gunnar Westling. He is the youngest child of his parents, and he has one older sister, Anna Westling.
2. On the day of Daniel's birth, Sweden marked a historic moment as his future father-in-law, Carl Gustaf, ascended the throne.
3. The Swedish prince currently lives at Haga Palace with his wife Crown Princess Victoria and their daughter, Princess Estelle.
Prince Daniel of Sweden met his wife Crown Princess Victoria when he worked as her personal trainer
4. During his teenage years, Daniel spent many of his summers working including a job at a home for the elderly in Ockelbo, in east Sweden.
5. In February 2009, it was announced that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel were engaged. Over a year later in June 2010, royals from around the world gathered at Stockholm Cathedral for the wedding, which was described as "Europe's biggest royal wedding since Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer".
6. Upon marriage, it was announced Daniel would become "His Royal Highness Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland".
Prince Daniel of Sweden is proud dad to daughter Estelle
7. Since marrying his royal wife, Daniel has become a respected member of the Swedish royal family carrying out duties across his home country and the world. He is passionate about social issues, health, sport and entrepreneurship. His patronages include the International Society of Nephrology and the World Transplant Games.
8. He shares his birthday with Queen Letizia of Spain and Britain's Prince Harry.
9. In February 2012, Daniel became a father for the first time when he and Victoria welcomed their first child, Princess Estelle.
10. Before marrying his princess, Daniel owned his own fitness company Balance. His gyms alone had 5,000 members and working as a fitness instructor would be how he would meet his future wife, when he worked as her personal trainer.