The Prince and Princess of Wales have been pictured at Balmoral as they put on a united front with the rest of the royal family.
Prince William and Kate arrived at the Scottish residence for their summer holiday earlier this week, HELLO! revealed on Thursday.
King Charles and Queen Camilla are also at Balmoral, while Princess Anne, Zara and Mike Tindall, Prince Edward and James, Earl of Wessex, were pictured driving into the estate on Friday morning.
The Waleses, who are joined by their three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, were seen in their Land Rover Discovery in pictures published by the Daily Mail.
A source told the paper that the family went "grouse shooting" in the area near Corgarff Castle, around a half-hour drive away.
Such a gathering of so many senior royals is rare and has been dubbed the "Sussex summit" in the wake of news this week that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to make a surprise return to Britain by the end of the month.
The Tindalls were previously seen watching the King's formal welcome to Balmoral on Tuesday with their children, alongside newlyweds Harriet and Peter Phillips. Harriet's daughter Georgina also joined them, and Peter's daughters Savannah and Isla.
Prince William and Kate arrive in Balmoral
The Waleses traditionally visit Balmoral for a stay each summer, though it's not known how long they will be in residence there.
Some outlets have reported they had already arrived on Wednesday evening, when news of Harry's return was made public to the world – though the King had been informed three days earlier.
The Prince and Princess of Wales are yet to publicly react, but King Charles is said to welcome the opportunity to spend more time with the family.
HELLO!'s royal editor Emily Nash says that Prince William and Kate are likely "not delighted" about the news of Harry's imminent return.
She told HELLO!'s A Right Royal Podcast, which is out now: "Well, what is intriguing about this is the complete radio silence coming from that end of the spectrum.
"And what's interesting about it is that they're normally away at this time of year. I imagine they're not delighted about this."
What do we know so far about Harry and Meghan's return to Britain?
King Charles was informed of the couple's plans to return on Sunday, so the topic seemingly wasn't raised at their reunion at Highgrove last month.
It comes six years after the Sussexes stepped down as working royals in 2020 and moved to begin a new life in Montecito, California, with Netflix and Spotify deals following.
The surprise relocation, which was made public on Wednesday, prompted questions – from whether the rift between Harry and his brother the Prince of Wales could worsen, to who will be paying for their security.
They will move back to the UK by the end of the month with their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet. Archie, seven, and Lili, five, have already enrolled in British schools and are expected to start in early September.
The Sussexes will keep their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal, while the duchess will continue to run her lifestyle brand, As Ever, from their new base.
It's not known why they are returning now, where they will be moving to, or who will be paying for their security.








