Beyoncé was in for a surprise at the MTV video music awards in California on Sunday evening. Scroll down for the full list of winners.After a stunning 20-minute performance of a medley of songs from her latest album, queen Bey was presented with the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award by none other than her husband Jay Z and the couple's adorable daughter Blue Ivy.
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR FULL GALLERY
Rapper Jay Z stepped onstage with two-year-old Blue to say: "The recipient of the Michael Jackson Vanguard award and the greatest living entertainer Beyoncé."It was no doubt the joy of seeing her favourite duo that made the singer overcome with emotion. The star hugged and kissed her rapper husband and tiny tot after Jay Z handed over the prestigious paperweight.
The overwhelmed Halo star said: "I'm so full. Thank you. I have nothing to say but I'm filled with so much gratitude. I thank god for this moment. I love you so much. "Baby Blue, my beloved I love you." The couple's adorable daughter is then heard saying into the microphone: "Go Mommy".
Beyoncé stole the show in a colourful mosaic leotard as she performed new hits such as No Angel and Haunted, as well as popular tracks such as Drunk in Love and Partition. The two-hour show featured other performances from artists including Taylor Swift, Usher and Nicky Minaj.
2014 MTV VMA AWARD WINNERS
- Video Of The Year: Miley Cyrus: Wrecking Ball
- Best Hip-Hop Video:Drake ft. Majid Jordan: Hold On (We’re Going Home)
- Best Male Video: Ed Sheeran ft. Pharrell Williams: Sing
- Best Female Video: Katy Perry ft. Juicy J: Dark Horse
- Best Pop Video: Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea: Problem
- Best Rock Video: Lorde: Royals
- Artist to Watch: Fifth Harmony: Miss Movin’ On
- Best Collaboration: Beyoncé ft. Jay Z: Drunk In Love
- MTV Clubland Award: Zedd ft. Hayley Williams: Stay the Night
- Best Video With A Social Message: Beyoncé: Pretty Hurts
- Best Cinematography: Beyoncé: Pretty Hurts
- Best Editing: Eminem: Rap God
- Best Choreography: Sia: Chandelier
- Best Direction: DJ Snake & Lil Jon: Turn Down For What
- Best Art Direction: Arcade Fire: Reflektor
- Best Visual Effects : OK Go: The Writing’s On The Wall