Dermot O'Leary has wasted no time in getting back to work following his return to The X Factor. The television presenter, who announced he was returning to the show on Monday, stars in a new promotional video ahead of the open auditions in April.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
The 30-second clip was filmed in a suburban street earlier in the week, and features a cameo from a notorious X Factor contestant Wagner. Dermot says to him, "Tell me you are doing it" as he continues to invite people to audition for the upcoming 13th series of the ITV entertainment show.
Dermot O'Leary has filmed a new promo video for The X Factor
"So I've had a lovely holiday and now I'm back and more importantly, so is The X Factor," Dermot says. "Plus, you wanted it so you got it – the audition rooms are back."
Dermot's return to the screen comes just days after he confirmed he had reprised his presenting role on the long-running show after a year's absence. "I'm very flattered to be asked back, and am currently dusting off my dancing shoes," Dermot said in a statement. "There is nothing more exciting than hosting live TV on a Saturday night.
"The show is naturally very close to my heart, after having hosted it for eight years. I'm excited to be back."
The presenter confirmed his return to the show on Monday
X Factor boss Simon Cowell added: "Dermot's back! Hooray! As so is his dancing. Welcome home Dermot."
Open auditions for the upcoming series will be starting on 7 April in Glasgow, followed by Birmingham, Cardiff, Dublin, Newcastle, London, Manchester and Liverpool.
Although the presenter has now been confirmed, Simon has yet to reveal who will be taking on judging duties this year following the exit of Nick Grimshaw. One Direction star Louis Tomlinson has previously been tipped for the role, but it has also been suggested that Louis Walsh could resume his place on the judging panel following his exit in 2015.