The majority of the public thinks that Prince William and Kate Middleton's baby will be a brown-haired Princess called Alexandra. An infographic by Coral also showed that people think the royal baby will be born in the morning and will weigh 7 lbs. The current estimated amount that has been bet on the future King or Queen already stands at £1m.
A separate survey of 2000 adults revealed other popular names for the little one, who is due in the next few days. Diana is still an overwhelming popular name with nearly 20% of people preferring to honour Diana, Princess of Wales with the new arrival's name. The name George has been a favourite for many since Duchess Kate's pregnancy was announced and it continues to top the polls with nearly one-fifth of people choosing the name in the survey.
As the world eagerly awaits the safe arrival of the Queen's third great-grandchild, one thing is certain his or her official title will be His or Her Royal Prince or Princess of Cambridge. Buckingham Palace made the announcement on Monday that the child will follow his or her parents who are known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, respectively. While the public is still undecided on what the baby's name might be, William and Kate also have yet to choose a name. They have reportedly drawn up a shortlist of names for their baby, but are waiting until he or she is born before making a final decision.
Even when the baby does arrive, it may be a while before the name is revealed to the public. Prince William's parents Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, waited a week before revealing the name of their first-born son. Below are the results of the poll.
- Gender of the royal baby: Girl 56.5% Boy 43.5%
- Top five most popular boys' names: George 19.9% James 11.3% Charles 7.5% Phillip 7.35% Henry 5.5%
- Top five most popular girls' names: Diana 19.6% Victoria 16.2% Elizabeth 14.2% Grace 7.95% Charlotte 6.0%
- What colour eyes will the royal baby have? Blue 41.9%Brown 31.4% Hazel 15.5%Green 5.05%
- What colour hair will the royal baby have? Brown 64.2% Blonde 21.3% Ginger 8.8% Black 5.75%
- Do you think the royals will have: One baby 79.5% Twins 15%