An extra scoop of ice cream or slice of cake, a last-minute take-away - and throwing a sickie have been named among Brit's top 50 guilty pleasures. Researchers found almost nine in ten regularly treat ourselves to a guilty pleasure – with the average adult indulging in a little bit of what they fancy, up to four times a week.
Drinking juice straight from the carton, snooping through people's pictures on Facebook and watching daytime TV shows like Bargain Hunt and Jeremy Kyle also made the list.
Researchers also found we sneakily enjoy curling up with a cuppa when we should be doing the chores, listening to cheesy pop and eating Nutella out of the jar. Rachel Turner, from Tetley, which commissioned the research to launch the new Tetley Indulgence range, said: "In an increasingly busy and pressure-laden world, it's important to indulge now and then.
"Whether it's a little bit of luxury, a little bit naughty or something you wouldn't want anyone else to know about. After all, life would be boring if we didn't indulge occasionally."
A poll of 2,000 adults has found an extra scoop of ice cream or slice of cake is the most common guilty pleasure to indulge in, followed by ordering a takeaway in when you can't be bothered to cook or popping on a Disney film as an adult which reminds us of our childhood.
Falling asleep in front of the TV or at the cinema came fourth while watching Netflix or boxsets all day came fifth. An extra tea break when you should be working, ordering enough food in to feed more people than you need to and stealing soaps and toiletries from hotels also feature.
Staying in your pajamas all day and having a whole pack of biscuits with a cup of tea completed the top ten.
Other guilty pleasures Brits like to indulge in include going back to bed on a Sunday afternoon, eating a stash of sweets or chocolate which are meant to be for the kids and going to the pub straight after the gym.
It also emerged food and drink form the basis of most of our guilty pleasures, while catching up on TV and films also feature highly. But one in three admit they kept their activity private from those closest to them, with almost 18 per cent going as far as to say they are embarrassed by their secret indulgences.
Almost one in five have been left red-faced after someone found out about one of their guilty pleasures with 22 per cent of those trying to cover it up, despite being caught in the act.
Top 50 guilty pleasures:
1. Having an extra scoop of ice cream or slice of cake
2. Ordering takeaway because you can't be bothered to cook
3. Watching Disney films and cartoons as an adult
4. Falling asleep in front of the television, or at the cinema
5. Watching Netflix / catch up TV or films back to back all day
6. Having an extra tea break when you should be working/studying
7. Ordering enough takeaway to feed a small family
8. Stealing soaps and toiletries from hotels
9. Staying in your pajamas all day
10. Having a whole pack of biscuits with a cup of tea
11. Drinking juice directly from the carton
12. Snooping through other people's pictures on Facebook
13. Curling up with a cup of tea and phone/magazine when you should be doing the chores
14. Proving your partner wrong about something
15. Eating a family size tub of ice cream or bar of chocolate to yourself
16. Listening to cheesy pop
17. Eating cereal for dinner
18. McDonald's breakfasts
19. Watching daytime television such as Bargain Hunt, Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women when you're ill
20. Having a Hot Chocolate with all the extras - whipped cream and Marshmallows
21. Buying yourself flowers
22. Having breakfast in bed
23. Getting back in to bed on a Sunday afternoon
24. Buying a packet of cake or sweets that you know no-one else likes purely so you can eat them all on your own
25. Eating Nutella out of the jar
26. Airport drinking at breakfast time
27. Watching cat videos on YouTube
28. Watching on to the next episode of a box set, ahead of your partner
29. Eating the stash of sweets and chocolates that are supposed to be for the kids
30. Having more than one takeaway in a weekend
31. Buying the same new item in different colours
32. Pulling a sickie
33. Following celebrity feuds
34. Reading an adult novel e.g. 50 Shades of Grey
35. Hiding your favourite food from the other members of the household and pretending they must have eaten it
36. Watching Keeping up with the Kardashians/reality TV
37. Still listening to the Spice Girls as an adult
38. Watching videos of things fitting in other things perfectly
39. Taking countless selfies until you get the perfect picture
40. Secretly following celebs on social media
41. Sneaking off for the day to have a spa break
42. Weird celebrity crushes
43. Doing multiple Buzzfeed quizzes
44. Watching a celeb have a reality TV breakdown
45. Going out for dinner and ordering all desserts and no savoury
46. Telling white lies to the kids so you don't have to take them somewhere
47. Going to the pub straight after the gym
48. Biting both ends of a Cadbury's finger and sucking your tea through it like a straw
49. Playing on the games console when the kids are not around
50. Dancing to Meghan Trainor