Wondering which dress shape will flatter your shapely silhouette?
See our style advice for the three most common body types to find out which dress will best suit your curvaceous figure.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Pear-shaped: One of the most common body proportions, pear shapes have a narrow waist, slender shoulders with wider hips and legs.
• The trick is to balance out your bottom half. A good way to achieve this is by adding some volume to your top half, either with detailed sleeves or flowing hair.
• An empire line dress will float over a fuller bottom half and is a great way to trim your tummy.
• Or try an A line skirt with diagonal draping to create the illusion of a longer bottom half.
Sleeve detailing balances out a bigger bottom half
Hourglass: This ultra-feminine curvy outline is the envy of many women, boasting a fuller bust and hips, but a slender waist.
• If you’re looking to minimise your bust, opt for an off the shoulder neckline which will draw attention away from your chest and elongate your neck.
• A nipped in waist will draw the eye away from your heavier top half and accentuate your trim waist.
• If you have a generous bust but want to wear a strapless gown, make sure it has plenty of structure to hold your assets in place.
Good structuring is essential for voluptuous brides
Apple: A rounder middle with slim legs and arms, apple shaped ladies should seek to their show-off their lean limbs.
• A mermaid style gown is very forgiving for most shapes – opt for one with strategic detailing to help create some curves.
• A dropped, cinched waist will help give your middle definition.
• With your enviably slim pins, a tea length gown could be a good option or consider a floor length gown with a slit to subtly expose a flash of leg.
A good option for most body shapes is the ever-flattering mermaid style
Get the bridal gown of your dreams with our comprehensive guide
Don't know your posy from your pomander? Get the low-down on the floral arrangements favoured by brides
Make the most of your crowning glory with these selections
Let your natural beauty shine through on your wedding day