P Diddy has released a statement following his arrest on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon. A spokesperson for the rapper – real name Sean Combs – said that he was acting in a "solely defensive" nature during the altercation with American football coach Sal Alosi.
The 45-year-old had been watching his son Justin play football at UCLA University in Los Angeles when the incident occurred. Following the confrontation Diddy was arrested for three counts of assault and taken to an LA jail before being released on bail on Tuesday after paying $160,000.
However a representative for the rapper said that the full story about the incident hasn't been released and he believes the case will be dismissed.
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
P Diddy's rep said he acted in a defensive nature during the incident in order to "protect himself and his son"
The statement released by P Diddy's spokesperson said: "The various accounts of the events and charges that are being reported are wholly inaccurate. What we can say now is that any actions taken by Mr Combs were solely defensive in nature to protect himself and his son.
"We are confident that once the true facts are revealed, the case will be dismissed."
Diddy is expected to appear in court on 13 July. Meanwhile the university has said that campus police are currently investigating the incident.
The rapper is expected to appear in court on 13 July
Football coach Jim Mora said: "I'm thankful that our staff showed the level of professionalism that they did in handling this situation.
"This is an unfortunate incident for all parties involved. While UCPD continues to review this matter, we will let the legal process run its course and refrain from further comment at this time."
P Diddy has not commented on the incident on his social media pages but has shared a number of Instagram posts including a picture with the caption "POSITIVE VIBRATIONS!!!!" and a photo of himself and his son, writing: "#FAMILYFIRST".