With Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning fast approaching, there's no better time to get baking. Combine creamy coconut and delicious Matcha to make these ultra-simple, tasty tartlets - delicious! Find more recipe ideas in HELLO! out now.
Preparation time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the pastry crust
2 tbsp coconut oil
40g/1½oz jumbo rolled oats
40g/1½oz dried unsweetened shredded coconut
85g/3½oz oat flour
25g/1oz cocoa powder
1 tsp sea salt
115g/4¼oz almond meal
30g/1¼oz brown rice flour
6 tbsp maple syrup
1-1½ tsp vanilla extract
For the matcha filling
40g/1½oz whole raw cashews, soaked for 6 hours in cold water
150g/5oz dried unsweetened shredded coconut
100ml/4fl oz maple syrup
15g/½oz agar flakes
1 tsp matcha tea, plus more to dust
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas 4. Put 5 x 12cm/4½in fluted loose-bottom tartlet tins on a baking sheet.
2. Melt the coconut oil then use a little to thoroughly oil the tins.
3. Add the oats, coconut, oat flour, cocoa powder and salt to a food processor and blend until the oats and coconut are finely ground. Put in a bowl and stir in the almond meal and brown rice flour. Stir in the rest of the coconut oil and mix until all the flour is moistened.
4. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and mix until the dough forms a ball. If sticky, set aside for 10 minutes to thicken. Press the crust thinly and evenly into the prepared tins. Prick with a fork then bake for 18 minutes.
5. For the filling, put the drained cashews in a blender with the coconut and 675ml/23fl oz water then blend on high until smooth.
6. Line a large strainer with several layers of muslin and place over a heavy-based pan, pour the mix into the strainer then gather the edges of the cloth and squeeze out all the liquid. You should have 675ml/23fl oz of coconut-cashew milk in the pan (top up with cold water if needed). Place the pan over a medium heat, add the maple syrup and agar flakes and bring to the boil. Whisk, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the agar flakes have dissolved. Whisk every 5 minutes to prevent sticking.
7. Remove from heat and leave for 10 minutes then pour into a clean blender. Add the matcha and vanilla and blend until evenly combined. Gently pour into each tartlet and leave to sit for another 15 minutes before transferring to the fridge. Leave to set for 1 hour then serve.