Fancy a roast dinner but it's not Sunday? Check out this delicious recipe from Simply Beef & Lamb that is perfect for a mid-week roast. Find more delicious recipe ideas in HELLO! out now.
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes (for medium) plus resting
2 tsp runny honey
2 tsp horseradish sauce
Grated zest of 1 lemon 1 tsp oil
1 x 400-450g/14pz-1lb beef mini roast (we used beef topside)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas 5.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the honey, horseradish sauce, lemon zest and oil.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and spread with the honey and lemon mixture.
4. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast in the pre-heated oven for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
5. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate then cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 minutes if time allows. Serve with vegetables of your choice.