Give your lamb roast the royal touch with this delicious recipe featuring the star of the show - Jersey Royals. For more mouth-watering Jersey Royals recipes, pick up your copy of HELLO!, out now. This Persian crusted rack of lamb with minted Jersey Royals is equally perfect for Sunday lunch or a special dinner party.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20-30 minutes, plus resting time
• 8 bone rack of lamb
For the nut crust
• 50g/2oz shelled pistachios, chopped
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves,
• Juice and zest of ½ lemon
• 2 tbsp harissa
For the minted Jersey Royals
• 500g/1lb 2oz Jersey Royal potatoes, halved if large
• 50g/2oz butter
• Small handful torn mint leaves
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Steamed green beans
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6.
2. To make the crust, place the nuts, cumin seeds and mint leaves in the small bowl of a food processor and chop. Stir in the lemon zest and juice.
3. Heat a frying pan until hot then brown the rack on the meaty side until golden. Brush the harissa over the browned side of the rack, pat on the crust mixture and then roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes (20 minutes for rare and 30 minutes for well done). Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain then stir in the butter, mint and season with some salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Carve the rack, cutting between the bones (allow 2 cutlets per person) and serve with the potatoes and green beans.
See all of the latest food news and recipes here.