It's National Piña Colada day on Monday 10 July, so what better way to celebrate than with a cocktail or two? This version - from SodaStream and blogger Lizzie King, author of Lizzie Loves Healthy Family Food - is a healthier take on the classic cocktail, with less sugar and a sparkling water base mixed with fresh pineapple. Here's how to make it…
STORY: The best places to get frozen cocktails during the heatwave
- 100g fresh pineapple in chunks
- · 3 ice cubes
- · 50 ml coconut milk (from a tin)
- · ½ a lime juiced
- · 50 ml rum
- 100 ml sparkling water
- Place the ice cubes and pineapple chunks in a high speed blender and blitz until you have a liquid. Add the coconut milk and lime juice and whizz together.
- Place another couple of ice cubes into a tall cocktail glass.
- Add the rum to the bottom of the glass, pour over the pineapple mixture and top with sparkling water. Stir together gently with a swizzle stick and serve with a slice of lime on the edge of the glass.
See all of the latest food news and recipes here.