Avoid the 3pm energy slump with these high protein bites created with Pura Coconut Oil. These super seed nut berry bites are healthy, easy to make and tasty to boot – the perfect nutritious snack to take into the office or enjoy any time.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Makes: 30 (approx.)
- 3tbsp Pura Coconut Oil Blend
- 80g pumpkin seeds
- 80g sunflower seeds
- 50g chia seeds
- 80g chopped almonds
- 100g rolled oats
- 50g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 200g pitted dates, chopped
- 2-3tbsp clear honey
- Dried raspberries, toasted coconut and finely chopped pistachio nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Pour the Pura Coconut Oil Blend into a large roasting tin and add the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, chopped almonds and rolled oats. Mix everything together thoroughly. Roast for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. Cool.
- Mix the dried cranberries into the toasted seed mixture. Puree the dates in a blender with the honey and 3tbsp water, then add to the mixture and bring it together with your hands. Roll into about 30 balls.
- Sprinkle dried raspberries, toasted coconut and finely chopped pistachio nuts onto separate plates. Roll the balls in the different coatings, leaving some without a coating if you wish. Store in a cake tin lined with baking paper and keep for up to 1 week.
Take a few with you to work, the gym or wherever! With a few fresh berries, they make the perfect healthy high-energy snack. Another time, use cooked pureed apple instead of dates.
See the latest food news and features here.