Olly Murs has revealed that Rita Ora texted him to apologise after insinuating his music hasn't made an impression during the X Factor final at the weekend. The Kiss Me singer said he wasn't offended by Rita's comments, despite fans going into uproar on Twitter.
The incident occurred as Rita made a passionate speech about Louisa Johnson on Sunday night, saying: "There's only two people in my opinion that have made this impression and that's Leona [Lewis] and Louisa."
CLICK TO VIEW FULL GALLERY
Olly said he wasn't offended by Rita's comments
Many fans pointed out that Rita had been standing next to former X Factor finalist Olly while making the comments, and shared images of Olly's seemingly disappointed face. However he insists he didn't take Rita's comments to heart.
"Bless Rita, she texted me saying 'I'm sorry if I offended you'," Olly told Daily Mirror at the Spotify Sessions on Wednesday. "I said 'Rita are you serious? As if I'd get offended. I know what you're trying to say.' She was so apologetic but I was like, 'Rita, I'm not even annoyed.'
"We all knew what Rita was saying. We were drinking in the corridors, having a laugh on Sunday. Then the next day, she was texting me saying 'Are you OK?'"
Rita made the comments during The X Factor live final
While Olly has no problem with the X Factor judge, he does not know if he will be returning to present the show with Caroline Flack in 2016. Speaking to Star magazine earlier in the month, Olly said: "I don't know if me and Caroline will be back next series – we'll have to wait and see what happens next year.
"It's up to Simon Cowell and his guys to make that decision."
Simon has been similarly non-committal when it comes to confirming which presenters and judges will return, telling The Daily Star their fate could be left in the public's hands.
"We will make changes next year," Simon said. "I won't make decisions on my own, I will listen to the fans of the show."