Olly Murs has stepped down as a co-presenter on The X Factor. The 31-year-old told the Sun that he had made the decision to leave last month because he wants to focus more on his music career."This was an incredibly hard decision to make and one I didn't take lightly as I've really enjoyed co-hosting The X Factor," Olly said. "It's been one big adventure and I loved every minute of it. But my heart belongs to music and I want to concentrate 100 per cent on making my next album and getting back to performing."
Olly Murs has confirmed his departure from The X Factor
He added: "Last November I was doing the show, promoting a new single and I felt increasingly like the music side of things had to be shoehorned into the TV schedule."Olly's announcement comes just a few days after judge Nick Grimshaw confirmed his departure from the ITV show, with reports also suggesting that co-host Caroline Flack has been axed.It has been speculated that Olly was given the chance to "walk before he was pushed". A source told the Sunday Mirror: "Simon Cowell likes Olly and doesn't want him to go under a cloud so he's being given the chance to walk before he's pushed.
It's been claimed that his co-host Caroline Flack has been axed from the show
"Olly always said he would never present the show without Caroline. They come as a package. He had a good time on the show and got on very well with everyone but realises his forte is music."Following Olly's announcement, Simon told the Mirror: "It was fantastic having Olly on The X Factor last year and now this year he has to concentrate on his new album."In addition to this we have agreed to work on some other TV projects in the future."