Princess Beatrice celebrates her 27th birthday on Saturday 8 August. The first daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York has been spotted holidaying in Ibiza, with her boyfriend Dave Clark.
To mark the popular royal's birthday, HELLO! Online has gathered a list of ten facts about the Princess.
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
Princess Beatrice played a cameo role in 2009 film The Young Victoria
1. The Princess was born on 8 August 1988 at 8.18pm at the Portland Hospital in London. Beatrice has revealed that people often don't believe her when she tells them her date of birth is 8/8/88.
2. Beatrice's full title is Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary of York, and she is now seventh in line to the throne, after the birth of Prince George and Princess Charlotte. Until May of this year, she was the first female in the current line of succession. However with the birth of the Cambridges' daughter she is now the second.
3. In 2009, the Princess tried her hand at acting and made a brief appearance in 2009 film The Young Victoria, which was based on her ancestor Queen Victoria. The small role meant that Beatrice was the first member of the British royal family to appear in a non-documentary film.
The royal and her long-term boyfriend Dave Clark have been together for seven years
4. Beatrice gained worldwide attention at the wedding of cousin Prince William to Kate Middleton for her choice of headwear. The hat designed by Philip Treacy was an Internet sensation, becoming a top trend on Twitter within minutes of the Princess arriving at Westminster Abbey. A month later in good spirits, Beatrice offered the hat on eBay with proceeds going to charity. The winning bid was £81,000 with the money being divided between UNICEF and Children in Crisis.
5. The birthday girl shares her day with tennis ace Roger Federer, U2 guitarist The Edge and designer Jeremy Scott.
6. In November 2011, Beatrice followed in her parents' footsteps and joined Twitter. The modern royal has now gained over 42,000 followers.
7. Beatrice is a keen runner and in 2010 became the first member of the British royal family to complete the London Marathon.
Beatrice raised £81,000 when she sold the hat she wore to Prince William and Kate's wedding on eBay
8. Although the Princess doesn't carry royal duties full time, she has championed many causes close to her heart. She is currently patron of the York Musical Society, the York Theatre Royal, the Sick Kids Friends Foundation and Forget Me Not Children's Hospice.
9. For the last seven years, the Princess has been dating Dave Clark, who worked for Virgin Galactic, and many believe she will be following cousins Prince William and Zara Phillips as the next royal to walk down the aisle.
10. After being diagnosed with dyslexia as a young child, Beatrice recently revealed that the Harry Potter books helped her overcome her reading difficulties. "Sitting in front of a book was really hard – until I discovered Harry Potter," she said. "From then on, I couldn't put the books down."