The death of Amy Winehouse was down to the tragic singer drinking too much alcohol, a coroner has said.
A verdict of misadventure was recorded after an inquest was told she was five-times over the legal drink-drive limit at the time she died.
Amy's father Mitch (above) and her mother Janice were present as St Pancreas Coroner's court heard that the star had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. The driving limit is 80mg.
The pathologist who conducted the post-mortem said that a 200mg level would cause someone to lose control of their reflexes and 350mg was considered a fatal amount.
St Pancras coroner Suzanne Greenway said: "She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death."
The court was told by Amy's GP how the star had managed to quit drugs but was drinking off and on.
Dr Christina Romete said: "During the period of July she was abstinent but started drinking alcohol on July 20 – it was confirmed to me by her security guard."
The doctor saw her patient the night before she died, and described her as "tipsy but coherent".
Amy had told her she didn't know if she would stop drinking but she "did not want to die".
Police recovered three empty vodka bottles from her flat.
Amy's live-in security guard Andrew Morris found her in her bed on July 23rd.
He had checked in on her at 10am but thought she was asleep, then called emergency services at 3pm and found she hadn't moved.