Three-times host of the Golden Globes Ricky Gervais has ended his awards ceremony reign and will pass the baton onto Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
Comedy duo Tina and Amy have previously worked together in box office sensation Mean Girls as well as on hit American show Saturday Night Live.
The pair have some Golden Globes of their own on the mantlepiece already. Tina scooped two awards for sitcom 30 Rock, while Amy won a Globe and an Emmy for comedy series Parks and Recreation.
Although the ladies are renowned for their comic wit, The Hollywood Foreign Press Association - the ceremony's organisers - have clearly opted for a less acerbic choice than British comedian Ricky this year.
The UK comic's controversial quips divided his celebrity audience, although many famous faces were caught cracking up at his undeniably humorous jokes.
The news won't come as a shock to his fans. Ricky had previously mentioned that he wasn't planning on hosting the awards again. After the 2012 ceremony, the star compared the experience to a parachute jump on his blog.
He said: "I had a blast actually. It was by far my favourite of the three hosting stints."
"I've told my agent to never let me be persuaded to do it again though. It's like a parachute jump. You can only really enjoy it in retrospect when you realise you didn't die and it was quite an amazing thing to do.
He added: "The crowd were great this year too. I think they finally worked out that my gags only seemed rude and nasty but were actually not too scary at all. Or they were just drunker."
Tina and Amy will take to the stage on January 13 for the awards' 70th anniversary, just two weeks before the Academy Awards ceremony.
Ricky Gervais' best Golden Globes quotes
- "Tonight you get Britain's biggest comedian, hosting the world's second biggest awards show on America's third biggest network. Sorry, is it fourth? It's fourth."
- "The Globes are to the Oscars what Kim Kardashian is to Kate Middleton. A bit louder, a bit trashier, a bit drunker and more easily bought. Allegedly."
- "Who needs the Oscars? Not me, and not Eddie Murphy. He walked out on em, and good for him. But when the man who said yes to Norbit, says no, you know you're in trouble."
- "It's not my fault. I like a drink as much as the next man- unless the next man is Mel Gibson"
- "The next presenter is a true Hollywood icon. In ten of the biggest blockbusters of all time he has shown his extraordinary acting versatility. He has played a boxer… and Rambo. Please welcome Sylvester Stallone!"
- "Next up, Eva Longoria has the daunting task of introducing the President of the Hollywood Foreign Press. That's nothing, I just had to help him off the toilet and pop his teeth in."
- "It's going to be a night of partying and heavy drinking. Or as Charlie Sheen calls it: breakfast."
- Announced Bruce Willis as "Ashton Kutcher's dad."