Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Fadi Fawaz's allegedly leaked 999 call about George Michael's death under investigation

george m 3
Emmy Griffiths
Emmy GriffithsTV & Film Editor
Share this:

A tape of the 999 call George Michael's partner Fadi Fawaz made after finding him dead on Christmas morning has reportedly been leaked, and the South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) has confirmed that they have launched an "immediate investigation" about the alleged release.

In a statement to HELLO!, they said: "South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) has been informed about the release of the tape of a 999 call. We take matters of confidentiality very seriously and have launched an immediate investigation. As Thames Valley Police are preparing a file for the coroner we are also liaising with Thames Valley Police and are therefore not able to comment further at this time."

george m 3© Photo: Getty Images

What appears to be audio of Fadi calliing 999 has been leaked

GALLERY: Celebrity deaths in 2016: Famous faces gone too soon

Fadi previously confirmed that he found George dead in the morning, and can allegedly be heard telling the emergency call operator that he believes the singer has passed away. In the audio of the call, which was obtained by The Sun, a man can be heard saying: "It's George Michael. I think he's dead. He's dead. He's not breathing… I've been waiting for him to wake him up for like, you know, for hours and he wouldn't wake up, I went to wake him up and he was gone, you know, he's not there." The celebrity hairstylist tweeted about George's passing, writing: "It's a Xmas I will never forget finding your partner dead peacefully in bed first thing in the morning… I will never stop missing you."

George died on Christmas Day

IN MEMORIAM: Stars we've lost in 2017

Police are currently investigating the music icon's death after the post-mortem proved inconclusive, and have confirmed that there were "no suspicious circumstances". Fadi opened up about speaking to the police, telling the Daily Mail: "The police have been amazing. They have been supportive. They have done what normally happens when someone dies. They have not been accusing me, never; they have been very supportive."