Rod Stewart, 81, looked upbeat at a football game with his son on Wednesday night, a week after he was forced to cancel the remainder of his tour while recovering from a major heart operation. The singer, pictured in public for the first time after his surgery, resurfaced in Glasgow on 19 August, shortly before revealing major family news.
Rod animatedly cheered on Celtic FC from the crowd with his grown-up son Alastair Wallace Stewart, 20. The rocker was seen beaming while his model son Alistair, whom he shares with his wife Penny Lancaster, screamed excitedly beside him, holding his phone and wearing a matching black leather jacket.
Alistair sweetly had his arm wrapped around his dad's shoulder as they enjoyed the game together, which ended in a 3-0 win for Celtic against Austrian team LASK.
Major family news
Hours after her dad's football outing, Kimberly Stewart, whom Rod shares with his ex-wife Alana Stewart, announced on Instagram that she is pregnant with her third child at 47.
"Oops I did it again," Kimberly captioned a shirtless photo showcasing her blossoming baby bump, which was posted to Instagram on Thursday morning.
Kimberly is already a mum to daughter Delilah, whom she welcomed with actor Benicio Del Toro in 2011, and a son born in July 2025 whose name she has not disclosed. Her third child will be the seventh grandchild for Rod, who became a grandparent for the sixth time earlier this month following the arrival of his daughter Ruby Stewart's second child.
Forced to cancel tour dates
The rocker was forced to cancel all his tour dates last week after undergoing a successful coronary stent procedure, his team revealed. Rod has been on his One Last Time tour since 2024 and previously had to cancel shows earlier in the year over his health.
"Doctors are pleased with his recovery, and Rod is doing very well and has returned to his normal daily activities," his team said in a statement on social media.
"On the advice of his doctors, he will take the next four weeks to recuperate and regain full fitness before returning to the stage. Unfortunately, this means he will be unable to continue his current tour dates." Rod added that he was "already feeling better and very much on the mend." He assured fans he would be returning to the stage.
"I want to thank the doctors, nurses and everyone who has taken such wonderful care of me," he said. "I'm deeply disappointed to miss these shows and sorry to let my fans down, but I look forward to getting back on stage and having a good time with you all again soon."
Rod's bond with Alistair
Rod is a father to eight kids from various relationships, including two sons with his wife of 19 years Penny. Rod appears to have a close bond with his 20-year-old and is often spotted out with his son Alastair at football games and events.
Speaking to host Ateh Jewel on HELLO!'s Second Act podcast, Penny revealed one parenting rule they have in place to raise their sons.
"[Rod] will apologise to me in front of the boys as an example. And he will go, 'Boys, this is the biggest thing you can do, the man that can apologise is the truest man of all.'"
Speaking to HELLO! in a joint interview with Rod, Penny told us: "We like to take every opportunity to bring the family, children, and grandchildren together. Part of the family lives in America, part in England, so it requires a lot of planning, but at least two or three times a year, the whole clan comes together."









