- 1 liter cold water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 8 sprigs sage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the water and salt in a bowl and stir to dissolve. Add the sage, garlic and chicken and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Spoon out the sage, garlic and chicken; pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Add the sage and garlic, turn the chicken, and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 4 minutes, remove from the heat and stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the sage, garlic and pan juices.