Lisa Faulkner and John Torode recently shared their easy five-ingredient Tarte Tartin recipe which is perfect for trying during the coronavirus lockdown.
If you've exhausted every banana bread recipe during the coronavirus lockdown, then why not try another delicious dessert by Lisa Faulkner? The celebrity chef recently shared her fruit-packed Tarte Tartin recipe, which is much more simple to make than you may think. Posting her usual cooking video alongside her husband and Masterchef star John Torode, the former Eastenders actress revealed the recipe requires just five ingredients. Plus, you can substitute apples for pears, and you don't even need to make your own pastry!
Lisa and John regularly post delicious cooking tutorials on Instagram
"We thought we would make something sweet that would be pretty for Easter," Lisa explained on the cooking tutorial on Instagram back in April, but it's certainly not limited to the holiday season. John also noted that it is a great recipe that the whole family can get involved in baking, so long as the adults are the ones in charge of the hot caramel. The couple, who present John and Lisa's Weekend Kitchen together, suggested serving it with either custard or their quick banana ice cream - it sounds delicious! Keep reading to recreate the tasty treat...
READ: Lisa Faulkner and John Torode have the best cheat's apple pie recipe
Lisa & John's five-ingredient Tarte Tatin
- 4 apples peeled, cored and quartered
- 150g sugar
- 80g butter
- Vanilla extract
- Puff pastry
- Put the apples round side down in an ovenproof pan and set aside.
- Put another pan over high heat and add a tiny splash of water (2tbs). Let that heat up then pour in your sugar and don’t touch it. Just let it bubble, and once it starts to brown give the pan a little shake very carefully.
- Once it has turned to tan caramel liquid add the butter and vanilla extract, stir and pour over the apples in their pan.
- Cut a circle of puff pastry about the size of the pan so that you can lay it across the top and tuck the sides in around the apples - Lisa explained it is "like you're tucking them into bed!"
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes. Take it out and leave for 5-10 minutes before putting a plate over the top and flipping the tart over onto it.
MORE: 7 painful celebrity cooking injuries: from Lisa Faulkner's burn to Alex Jones' stitches