September 15, 2014 - 12:18 BST hellomagazine.com John Galliano has revealed he is returning to fashion design 'step by step'. John Galliano has made his first television appearance in France since being dismissed from Dior following an incident involving an anti-semitic outburst from the designer. Speaking on French news programme Le Supplément, Dior's former creative director revealed that he is slowly working his way back into the fashion industry. John Galliano has made his first television appearance in France since 2011 "Step by step," he said of his return to fashion design. "I mean, I had it all, and I wasn't happy. Today, I'm happy." John revealed that he felt things were moving in a 'hopeful' direction, and has been involved in a series of projects from mentoring students at Central Saint Martins to his new role as creative director for perfume brand L'Etoile. "Although I have lost a lot, I have gained so much," added John. "I mean, I'm alive today. I've been able to work on myself, and, eventually, when I do come back into the industry, I know the industry won't have changed, but my perspective on it has changed." The 53-year-old had previously made his first public appearance since the incident on American television, where he publicly apologised for his actions. "I apologise, and I am trying to make amends in the best way that I can," said the British designer. "I cannot ask for forgiveness, it has to be bestowed on me by the people if they think I deserve it."