doc-martin-martin

Martin Clunes teases details about Doc Martin's final season

The Men Behaving Badly actor spoke on Lorraine

Doc Martin star Martin Clunes has teased the upcoming final season of the much-loved ITV drama, which has been running for 18 years.

MORE: Martin Clunes gives timeline update for Doc Martin's final series – and it might surprise you

While we are gutted to see the medical series come to an end, fans will be excited to know that the show's final outing is going to be a good one!

Loading the player...

WATCH: Martin Clunes explains real reason Doc Martin is coming to an end

Speaking to Lorraine Kelly on her morning show, the actor revealed that the tenth series has a "really strong" script due to the fact that the writers had an extra year to come up with ideas for the series. He said: "I think everyone will probably appreciate it's time to finish but it feels a really good time to finish and we've had an extra year to work on the script so it's a really good, really strong Doc Martin series."

Confirming that the tenth series will be the last, the Men Behaving Badly actor also revealed that he's looking forward to filming the new series in Port Isaac, Cornwall in February. "Yes it is [the final season], 18 years later," he said. "I mean it is sad but it's not really, it's the right time. We missed going down last year because of Covid so I'm really, really looking forward to getting down there."

MORE: The Bay: viewers all have same complaint about episode one 

MORE: Sally Dynevor reveals famous daughter Phoebe Dynevor's reaction to her taking part in Dancing on Ice

Martin also spoke about the new series on BBC 2 on Monday, saying that fans of the show are going to enjoy the upcoming series. He said: "As I'm reading them, the finished drafts, I'm just beaming when I close the last page thinking, 'The people who like this programme are going to really like this episode.'"

martin-clunes-doc-martin

Filming for the final series of Doc Martin starts in February

While appearing on Lorraine, Martin also confirmed that the popular ITV series Manhunt will not be returning anytime soon. The actor starred in the series as real-life murder detective DCI Colin Sutton, who was involved in two of the largest manhunts in recent UK history - that of serial killer Levi Bellfield, whose victims included schoolgirl Milly Dowler, as well as serial rapist Delroy Grant, also known as the 'Night Stalker'. Speaking about the series, he said: "They were the [two cases] that leant themselves to being dramatised."

"There is one that is unsolved, if he [Colin] can hurry up and solve it then we'll make it," he jokingly added.

Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.

You're on HELLO!'s global site. Click to return to HELLO! India Go back