You've just arrived back from that holiday in the sun! You're looking good and feeling relaxed, but what with the drying effects of the sea and exposure to the sun, your skin could be dryer than normal.
Try the following tips to help nourish the skin and keep that summer glow for as long as possible!
- Re-hydrate your skin from the inside, by drinking plenty of water. The recommended daily amount is two litres of pure water.
- Hot water and long showers or baths can remove the skin's natural oils, leaving it dry and dull. When washing try to use warm water rather than hot and limit your bath or shower time to 15 mins.
- Avoid strong soaps and cleansing products containing alcohol. Instead choose gentle shower and bath products, preferably with oils added to them to replenish the skin.
- After your bath or shower apply a good moisturizer to slightly damp skin, this will trap an extra layer of moisture on the skin to further nourish.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week. This will allow your tan to fade gradually and evenly.
- Treat yourself to a moisturising body treatment, such as a body wrap or even a massage which will use oils on the skin, as well as relaxing your mind and body!
- Finally the skin is an indication of your general health, so keep as healthy as possible by eating a balanced diet, getting plenty of sleep and making time for regular exercise and relaxation.
About the Author
Becca Teers is an Holistic & Beauty Therapist with over 12 years experience in the health & beauty field. She is the founder & owner of Therapy, a Beauty & Holistic Therapy Salon in East Dulwich, London.
Originally published at: Post-holiday skin rescue plan
Copyright info: The Beauty Biz