With a few hours to go before Gary Barlow's spectacular Jubilee concert, ticket-holders began gathering in Buckingham Palace for a pre-show picnic.
After the downpour of the previous days, organisers took precautions. A plastic poncho and a Union Jack flag were handed out to each of the guests – 10,000 ballot winners and VIPs – who enjoyed a hamper created for the occasion by Heston Blumenthal and royal chef Mark Flanagan.
Thankfully the weather was a lot better, and the rain held off while the revellers enjoyed the spread.
The food included tea-smoked Scottish salmon, chilled garden soup, a coronation chicken-inspired dish and strawberry crumble made from fruit grown on the Sandringham estate.
There were also be cupcakes created by Fiona Cairns, who baked the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding cake, and cheese and biscuits.
With excitement building in the grounds, Take That star Gary was busy running through final checks for his pet project.
He has refused to be drawn as to whether Prince Harry will take to the stage to play the tambourine on jubilee song Sing, saying only: "we'll see".
He said: "There's a few surprises tonight, I think you've all been staring up on the roof there, there is an act on the roof, there are a few surprises to come so we'll see."
Acts that will perform include Sir Paul McCartney, Kylie Minogue and Brit award winner Ed Sheeran.
The Diamond Jubilee concert features performances from
- Robbie Williams: Mack the Knife, Let Me Entertain You
- Cliff Richard: Medley
- Annie Lennox: There Must Be An Angel
- Elton John: I'm Still Standing, Your Song, Crocodile Rock
- Gary Barlow & Cheryl Cole: Need You Now
- JLS: Everybody In Love, She Makes Me Wanna
- Madness: Our House
- Ed Sheeran: A Team
- Kylie Minogue with Flawless: Medley
- Gareth Malone & The Military Wives: The National Anthem
- Gary Barlow, Andrew Lloyd Webber, African Children's Choir,Gurrumul, Slum Drummers, Gareth Malone & The Military Wives: Sing
- Jessie J: Domino
- Will.I.Am & Jessie J: I Gotta Feeling
- Shirley Bassey: Diamonds Are Forever
- Grace Jones: Slave To The Rhythm
- Stevie Wonder: Three songs TBC
- Paul McCartney: Live and Let Die plus two more songs TBC
- Tom Jones: Delilah, Mama Told Me Not To Come
- Jools Holland & Ruby Turner: You Are So Beautiful
- Alfie Boe: O Sole Mio
- Renee Fleming: Un Bel Di Vedremo
- Alfie Boe & Renee Fleming: Somewhere
- Lang Lang: Hungarian Rhapsody No6/Rhapsody in Blue
- The Overtones
Presented by Lenny Henry, Lee Mack, Peter Kay and Miranda Hart