Cliff appeals to keep £30,000 conservatory from being demolished

Cliff appeals to keep £30,000 conservatory from being demolished

Sir Cliff Richard, who was told by the council that he had to knock down his new conservatory in June, has lodged an appeal to keep it.

It was ruled that the 68-year-old had to demolish the 17ft by 13ft structure after he failed to gain planning permission.

The £30,000 conservatory was added to the veteran singer's three-bedroom bungalow in Virginia Water, Surrey three years ago, after he initially believied he did not have to obtain permission.

The council has said the "disproportionate addition" is too big and needs to be pulled down.

When Sir Cliff - who demolished his original £1.35 million house before replacing it with a larger bungalow in 2006 - looked into putting the property on the market earlier this year he discovered planning permission was necessary.

The Bachelor Boy is reportedly keen to settle the matter before going on tour with The Shadows in September.

Photo: Rex

Thursday August 13, 2009

Previous News In Pictures:

MORE NEWS IN PICTURES


Follow us on



News in pictures



Suggestions