Bruce Forsyth ordered to rest by doctors after fall

hellomagazine.com

Sir Bruce Forsyth has had to pull out of presenting his BBC variety show Bruce's Hall Of Fame after falling and suffering concussion at home. The 87-year-old showbiz legend was taken to hospital where doctors ordered him to take seven days rest. Alexander Armstrong will step in to fill his shoes in filming the show at London's Dominion Theatre.

Sir Bruce had been due to compere this weekend, assisted by Alexander and Catherine Tate. He said he was "really sad" not to make it, but wished Alexander "the guests and the whole production team good luck" for Sunday.


A statement from Kalooki Pictures, the production company behind the show said: "This morning, Sir Bruce Forsyth slipped and fell at his home resulting in facial abrasions and minor concussion.

"He attended hospital and had a series of scans and tests all of which happily proved negative.

"However, because of his injury, he has been told by doctors he must have complete rest for at least seven days."

His agent Ian Wilson told the Mirror that Brucie is "shaken and stirred" but lucky because he suffered no serious injuries. Bruce’s Hall Of Fame will be screened in the New Year. The show first aired last Christmas with ratings of 3.85 million viewers.

Since stepping down from presenting Strictly Come Dancing last year, The TV personality has been able to spend more time with wife Wilnelia.

Speaking exclusively to HELLO! while on a romantic holiday with the former beauty queen in Montenego he said: "I'm leaving because, although I could hang on, I felt it was right not only for me but for the show."

He added that he was relishing his freedom, saying: "The world is my oyster."