When your parents are celebrity power couple Beyoncé and Jay Z, it's easy to see why their adorable daughter Blue Ivy would follow in mum and dad's footsteps. And yet as the well-dressed offspring of the Formation style star – she's known to step out in floral Gucci ensembles that match her mum, after all – turned five on Saturday, the littlest Carter is already blazing a path of her own.
Blue stole the show at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
Since her arrival in 2012, Beyoncé's mini-me has modelled couture (she wore Mischka Aoki's $11,000 "Grande Royalle" dress to the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards), travelled to the south of France and made friends with the children of other A-listers, including Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's daughter, Apple. So it's clear that Blue Ivy, born with enviably good taste, has gleaned some nuggets of worldly wisdom along the way that we can all learn from. Here, we round up five lessons we learned from the inimitable Blue Ivy Carter.
1. Your mum is your best style twin. Whether it's stepping out in matching Ray-Ban Wayfarers or feathered couture gowns, this mother-daughter duo keeps all eyes and cameras on them. Of course, it helps to have easy access to Beyoncé's closet when getting ready for the red carpet. Need further proof? It's clear that Beyoncé inherited good style genes from her own mum, fashion designer Tina, so there's no doubt it runs in the family.
2. The value of friendship. It's important to have brunch goals growing up, so who better to show you the ropes (and offer advice on clean eating) than 12-year-old Apple Martin? Blue Ivy counts Apple as part of her inner circle of friends, which now includes Mariah Carey's twins, Monroe and Moroccan, 5.
3. Why everyone needs a "cool aunt." Sometimes it's not enough to have the coolest couple in the music industry as your mum and dad – so it helps to have a singer-songwriter-actress aunt in the picture. Solange Knowles is a prominent role model in little Blue's life, and we can safely say she makes for an epic and stylish babysitter, too.
Blue and her Aunt Solange
4. The importance of quality time with your family. This can be spent twinning on the red carpet with your famous mum (see lesson #1), taking family selfies together in front of the Eiffel Tower, or enjoying brunch and a leisurely stroll (or boat cruise!) while vacationing in St. Tropez.
The fashionable tot is the apple of her Daddy's eye!
5. You're always a daddy's girl at heart! While Blue is usually stuck like glue to her mum Queen Bey it's clear that she's also the apple of her dad's eye. The pair proudly supported Beyoncé, who was honoured with 2016 CFDA Awards Fashion Icon title last June, by arriving in matching crisp, monochromatic tuxedos with adorable bow ties. She even took matters into her own hands by shooing away photographers who got to close, leaving her dad beaming with pride. Now that's a boss-in-the-making!