When is Capital’s Summertime Ball 2018? Who’s performing at the Summertime Ball
Camilla Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Rita Ora, Clean Bandit, Craig David, Rudimental, Jess Glynne, Anne-Marie and Sean Paul have all joined the lineup of Capital’s Summertime Ball 2018 at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 9th June - and we've got a sneak peek at their incredible back stage riders! Of course tickets for this year’s concert sold out in record time - but as 80,000 music fans flock to the iconic music venue for an unforgettable afternoon of chart-topping music, the chart toppers themselves will be chowing down on Nandos chicken and sipping matcha tea!
A cheeky preview at the best requests which have come in so far for some of the celebrity dressing rooms reveals ten litres of iced matcha tea have already been ordered, alongside 20 mini cacti and three spray tan booths to make sure the musical talent looks perfectly bronzed as they take to the stage! HELLO! Is taking a look at these and a host of other amazing facts about London’s exciting music festival below.
Last year Liam Payne made his solo debut at the festival
MORE: The Summertime Ball 2018 - all the details
- The artists playing this year’s ball have racked up an impressive 270 award nominations and a total of 135 wins between them, including Grammy Awards, Global Awards, BRITs, Ivor Novellos and MTV EMAs.
- The stars on this year’s line-up have spent a combined 55 weeks at the top of The Official Vodafone Big Top 40 – that’s more than a year at number one!
- The longest-running chart-toppers include this year’s huge hit These Days by Rudimental feat. Jess Glynne, Macklemore and Dan Caplen (nine weeks) and by Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul and Anne-Marie, which was The Official Vodafone Big Top 40 number one for seven weeks.
- This year’s line-up has a combined Twitter following of 46 million and 83 million on Instagram.
- Artists and presenters will receive an exclusive gift bag that includes a contactless payment K Ring, Urban Ears headphones plus some Panasonic facial steamers and beard trimmers for any last-minute pampering before they take to the stage.
- When announcing her performance at this year’s event, Camila Cabello tweeted that she’s looking forward to tucking into Nando’s butterfly chicken with a side of corn and spicy fries at the Ball.
- Other backstage rider requests this year include ten litres of iced matcha tea, 20 mini cacti, three spray tan booths and an LED ring light for capturing the perfect #CapitalSTB selfie.
- There will be 120 stylists and hair and make-up artists on hand to make sure that the artists and presenters are looking their best for the UK’s hottest summer party.
- More than 800 people will be working behind the scenes at Wembley Stadium at Capital’s Summertime Ball with Vodafone.
- The backstage golf buggies will travel around 112 miles, the equivalent distance of London to Birmingham, ferrying some of the world’s biggest artists and Capital presenters to and from the iconic Wembley stage.
- At the end of this year’s event, the total attendance will stand at 780,000. Capital listeners will have enjoyed 230 performances by some of the world’s biggest artists since Capital’s Summertime Ball began ten years ago.