Joe Wicks' chicken pie has proved incredibly popular with his legions of fans, and now the Body Coach has given the dish a festive twist with turkey and ham - the perfect way to use up any leftovers this Christmas! Joe says: "Have you had your fill of leftover turkey chilli or curry? This is another tasty way to use up your festive food for a crowd. The crispy filo is a delicious contrast to the creamy filling."
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
MORE: Get lean in 15 with Joe Wicks' HIIT workout
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 400ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 300g leftover turkey, cut into chunks
- 200g thick-sliced ham, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp each of chopped fresh tarragon and parsley
- 4 sheets filo pastry
RECIPE: Joe Wicks' American-style Blueberry Pancakes
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a medium pan over a low heat. Chuck in the leek, carrots and mushrooms and cook for 15 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the cornflour and cook for one minute. Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly, until the sauce is smooth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked turkey, ham and chopped herbs and spoon the mixture into a medium pie dish.
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C (fan 180⁰C/ gas mark 6). Melt the remaining coconut oil in a small pan.
- Unroll the filo pastry and cover with a clean damp tea towel. Put a single sheet on a board and brush with a little oil. Roughly scrunch up the pastry and put on top of the turkey mixture. Repeat with the remaining filo until the top of the pie is covered.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the filo is golden and the pie mixture is bubbling. Get stuck in!
For more delicious recipes to share with family and friends this Christmas, Cooking For Family & Friends by Joe Wicks is out now (Bluebird)